Alternatives to TeamViewer
If remote access is what you desire, TeamViewer is the app which is going to deliver this to you. As a business owner, there are times when you can’t be around every single employee. In these instances, you can hold a conference, discuss company changes, or otherwise communicate while you (or employees) are on the go, with TeamViewer.
With remote-access, and shared meeting features in one place, you can be anywhere in the world, and still communicate with your employees, in order to better steam-line your business, and improve company-wide communications at any given time.
What is TeamViewer?
As the name implies, TeamViewer is an app which allows you to communicate with employees at any time, from anywhere. It is basically an app you can use on mobile devices, and can use with both Microsoft and Apple devices. It combines remote access, and online meetings in one place.
In terms of smartphones, you can use it on Android, Apple, even a Blackberry, if your company has older smartphones in place. Basically, remote access software is going to allow you to run a computer which is typically across the room in your office, while you are across the world with the touch of a button. You have access to work and home computers, and anything you type on the app, will be visible by your employees, or those who are part of the meeting/conference you are holding.
Some of the benefits of using this integrative app include:
- You can do more, from anywhere, and you can communicate with home-offices, regardless of where you are.
- You can copy files back between machines using the app, and you can make video recordings of what is taking place.
- You can easily choose between remote access or online meeting mode, based upon how you wish to communicate.
Cons of the program –
- The price. At the base level, using the app will cost $50 per month. If you have more than one user, it costs $105 per month, and at a corporate level (up to 50 users), you are paying $160 per month.
- The security is tough, but this can also be a drawback, as it greatly limits interaction on some fronts.
- It does require a learning curve, it is not the easiest platform to use, for those who aren’t computer-savvy, or those who are new to using remote-app services.
Pricing runs from $50 to about $105 per month. Usage and number of users on account will be a guide as to your final monthly cost.
Benefits of Alternatives to TeamViewer
Some sites have fewer restrictions, others are easy to acclimate to, and some are simply cheaper. There are a number of reasons why you might consider an alternative site to TeamViewer. As a business owner, some of the alternative sites might afford you remote access on multiple devices. Many security features with TeamViewer can be annoying, and the price is quite steep. Additionally, certain features are hard to find, especially if you are new to the platform. Many alternatives are more user-friendly, and come in at a more-friendly price point for your business as well.
This premium, remote desktop app allows your business to keep going, even when you are away. It allows you to run meetings from anywhere, and communicate with employees at any time.
This app is similar to TeamViewer in that:
How does it differ?
- It allows for remote access, and allows you to communicate with employees from anywhere.
- It allows you to meet, discuss, and communicate with employees, by setting up meetings or conferences.
- You can use it with up to 250 users/attendees, for a much lower price than TeamViewer.
- The viewer swap, allows others to share/input during conferences and meetings.
- It is integrative, and can be used by more than commercial businesses.
In terms of the pricing, you can use this app for $15 per month on the pro, and $19 per month on the premium/elite plan. It is not only much cheaper than TeamViewer, it is also going to allow you to communicate with far more individuals. You aren’t paying on a “per-user” basis either, so this is going to help keep your costs down when using this app for business conferences and meetings as well.
2. Windows Remote Desktop
For Windows users, the main selling point here is it is FREE. This built-in program is available for those who are operating on a Windows platform, so you can always communicate with employees, at any time.
Visit Windows Remote Desktop
How is this similar to TeamViewer?
How does the remote desktop differ from TeamViewer?
- It allows for conferencing, meeting, and it allows you to communicate from anywhere, at any time.
- You have access to a remote PC. So, when you are out of the office, you can still control what is going on in the office.
- It only allows for remote access. No conferencing, or meeting setup from remote locations.
- It is simply a tool used to allow you to “de-bloat” your PC, while you are away from the office if needed.
- You have multiple PC control at your fingertips. You can easily, remotely control company computers.
This simplistic app is nice for smaller to mid-sized businesses. It is simply a tool to keep in touch with the office, and have remote access, while you are away. And, it is built into your PC, through the control panel so it is free to use for your office.
With access for personal, business, enterprise, and classroom use, this is a great tool for virtual conferencing and meetings, from anywhere. There are both free, and paid-for options to choose from for customers.
This great tool is similar to TeamViewer in that:
This app differs from TeamViewer because:
- It allows you to remotely use computers, via the app on your smartphone.
- Minimal latency is present in video conferencing or meetings, so it is “real-time” communications.
- It allows you to communicate on multiple platforms quickly and easily, so you can always stay in touch with your employees.
- It can be used for more than business. You can use it for conferencing, and classroom lectures as well.
- It has a desktop app as well. You can control/access from a smartphone, as well as other PC or Mac computers from nearly anywhere you wish to use the app.
For personal use, you will not pay a subscription for up to 5-computers/mobile devices for up to 6 months. At this point it is $1.99 per month. And, for commercial or business-related use, you will only pay a $60 fee for the entire year, rather than monthly costs.
With both a free, and paid-for version, you can rely on this remote access app for personal and business-use as well. It allows for conferencing, online chat, and video chat, regardless of where individuals are located.
Similarities to TeamViewer include:
The desktop application is different than TeamViewer in that:
- The mobile application allows you to input information remotely, and access in-home (or office) computers, even when you are away.
- You can share files, have face-to-face chats, and communicate via typing/messaging, with other users.
- It allows you to record meetings, and it allows you to communicate on various platforms.
- It can be used for business purposes, or simply to allow users to have remote access to their devices at home.
For personal users, you can use this desktop application from Cisco free of charge. For up to 3 users, it will run $24 per month. Pricing goes up to $89 per month, for more than 25 users (up to 100 users). Depending on the type of messaging, and the number of conferences you run, this is a great app to consider, which is developed by a leader in Cisco, which you can rely on.
No downloads necessary! If you want remote access to your work PC, desktop at home, or need to remain in communications with employees while you are traveling, this remote app will allow you to do just that.
So, how is this similar to TeamViewer?
There are many differences as well, some include:
- You can use it on mobile apps. Whether joining a meeting from an iPhone or your laptop, you have remote access from anywhere.
- It has built-in video conferencing, messaging, and online communications for users.
- You have complete remote access to your computers once logged into your account.
- No software to download, simply input your password, and you have access to your account.
- There is a session scheduler, so you can send out notifications letting employees know when meetings will take place.
- You have remote IT support, 24 hours, in the event of issues with conferencing or messaging.
The remote app can be used for free, for personal use. For those commercial users, pricing starts at $13/month for 3 users. You can pay for up to 25 participants (on three channels), for $78 per month, for the larger businesses as well.