Alternatives to Sellfy
If you are selling digital assets online, Sellfy is a site where you can post these assets for sale. When building a storefront, it is a great tool to help the business owner develop their ecommerce business, and help improve on profit margins for the products they are selling through the online portal.
What is Sellfy?
Sellfy is an online tool which will help business owners build, design, and eventually sell their product line to customers, through the online ecommerce page. If you need a tool to help you turn a social media channel or website into an online marketplace, this is just what you are going to get with a site like Sellfy. It is easy to use, takes guesswork out of marketing, and allows anyone (even those with limited IT or marketing know-how), to build their successful online marketplace.
Some benefits of using sites like Sellfy include:
- It is rich in features: design assets, ebooks, video & films, and more. No matter what you want to sell, Sellfy will help you.
- It helps you build a complete storefront from ground up. All design work goes into the development process.
- You get unlimited bandwidth and up to 2 GB per file you post in your store.
- Mobile optimization is part of the process. All storefronts are optimized for mobile app use.
Some of the drawbacks of sites like Sellfy include:
- You still have to do the work. You are building the storefront with guidance, so you still have to put the time in to do so as a business owner.
- There are costs associated with it. And, depending on the type of business you run, some will cost more than others to build a storefront.
- Analytics are available, but for those who aren’t familiar with these charts/graphs, it can be difficult to decipher what they are telling you.
A professional account is $15 per month, and using PayPal you will also incur a 2% fee per sale. The publisher account is $250 monthly, with the 2% PayPal fee as well. Custom integrations are available with the publisher plan.
Benefits of Alternatives to Sellfy
There is a free account with Sellfy, however transaction fees are 5%; and, even with the paid-for options, the 2% is quite high. So, on alternative sites, you might find lower fees. Some other sites also offer more support, and make it easier for you to build your storefront, if you are new to the design aspect and side of things. Other sites also feature better instruction guides and reports, to help you see how your store is doing, and what (if any) changes should be made to earn higher profit margins online.
As a business owner, an online marketplace is a must today. If you wish to publish one, and would like to do so yourself, there are alternative sites to Sellfy which can help you through the process. A few alternatives are listed below.
This is one of the top sites like Sellfy. It is easy to use, integrate, and even a beginner to the design world is going to find it easy to go through the steps when designing their online marketplace here.
Some similarities are:
Some of the differences are:
- You can offer customers an online marketplace to purchase from.
- You can design using the design wizard, to help you through the process.
- You can use online tools and resources as a guide to building your site up.
- You can consolidate websites and build one marketplace for visitors.
- You can integrate external resources/sites to help you build your site.
- There are tools, support, and tutorials, to walk you through the entire process.
Basic Shopify costs just $29 per month which offers unlimited products and file storage as well as access to discount code functionality, a free SSL certificate and fraud analysis. The next payment plan goes up to $79 per month with the number of staff accounts increasing from 2 to 5. You also get access to higher level reporting, gift card offerings and abandoned cart recovery.
Another one of the sites like Sellfy is Gumroad. It provides people with an online platform to sell digital products and services. Posting is easy, and building your marketplace is a breeze.
Some similarities include:
Some differences between the sites include:
- Easy to post product, services, or post digital items for sale.
- There is no guesswork to designing and implementing the new marketplace.
- Clients will pay transactional fees for sales, based upon their plan level.
- A link and “buy-now” button are included with the plan you choose as a new customer.
- You can post nearly anything for sale, and profits will depend on what you are selling.
- Social media and other platforms can be used to help develop and get your site’s name out there.
The fees for using this site are going to vary for each user and the types of products which are sold through the platform. A base fee of 3.5% plus 30 cents is charged per each transaction. For new customers, getting an online quote is probably the best way to find a plan which works for you, and products you will list on your site.
This site is another one you can use to post your products online for sale. If you want to increase profits and grow your business, it will help you set up an online marketplace, where you can sell items for minimal costs.
Some similarities to Sellfy include:
Some differences include:
- Easily post and link your products for sale online.
- There is a fee which owners will pay per transaction/payment made by customers.
- Music, arts, fonts, and other digital copies can be posted and sold through the online marketplace.
- It is a niche-site. You will sell digital copy of music, arts, font, and other items online.
- You can link up your PayPal account to minimize the fees you will be charged per transaction online.
- There are no setup fees or monthly charges.
If you would like to sell these digital copies, you can link up your PayPal account. Every sale which goes through will incur a 5% transaction fee. However, you will not pay a monthly fee, nor are there are any fees for you to pay when you register and are setting up your new site with this online portal for digital sales.
This is another great alternative to Sellfy. It is not only a place to list new products for sale, but you can easily buy and sell items through the portal, incurring limited fees and transactional costs per sale.
Some similarities to Sellfy are:
Some differences include:
- A large marketplace, allowing you to list nearly anything for sale.
- Guided process will walk you through the setup and designing your marketplace.
- Membership sites provide customer support in the members area.
- There is membership protection in the event of fraud or theft.
- Digital web products can quickly and easily be listed and sold on the site.
- It provides an interactive marketplace. More members means there is more to choose from online, for a lower price customers will pay.
Sales maximization will run $77 per month. This includes unlimited offers and 1% up-click sales. Instant affiliation commissions are also earned. The Sales Maximization + plan is $99 per month. Pre-sale bumps, commissions, and other profit margins are available when listing through this plan. There is also a free plan, however limits users to number of sales, and earning margins (fees are higher per sale of digital copy).
This is an online marketplace posting site, which allows you to quickly and easily post items for sale. In a matter of minutes, you can have the marketplace up and running, earning profits for goods you sell virtually online.
Similarities to Sellfy are:
Some of the differences include:
- You can create an online store in a matter of minutes.
- You can link up with social media and other platforms to post and to sell.
- There are various channels and ports you can use when listing, in order to increase profit margins on sales.
- Built-in themes help you get started with the listing process when selling goods.
- You can post anything for sale (digital as well as physical goods).
- You can sell from a website or blog. Simply link it up with social media, and your new online marketplace site, to cater to more customers easily.
A free plan is available; however, it incurs a 2% transaction fee, and only allows you to make 5 sales per month. The lite plan is $11.90 per month, with 2% transaction and unlimited sales. A pro plan is $23.50 per month, for unlimited sales, no fees, and only the 2.9% plus $0.30 per each sale made.